Florida Mortgage CE Course Benefits:
- Approved: Approved by the NMLS (ID Number 1400214) to satisfy the FL SAFE Act regulations.
- Supported: Our online courses are effortless to take, but we are available to assist you if you need it.
- Flexible: A convenient online course that you take at your own personal pace and can stop and start at anytime.
- No-hidden Expenses: We "bank" your completion record to the NMLS and we even pay the NMLS $1.50 per credit hour fee for you (other providers charge separately).
Mortgage Continuing Education Requirements For Florida
FL mortgage loan originators are required to take 8 hours of continuing education by December 31st of each year. On an annual basis, the SAFE Act calls for Florida state-licensed MLOs to complete:
- 3 hours of Federal law and regulations;
- 2 hours of ethics including lessons on fraud, consumer protection, and fair lending problems;
- 2 hours of lessons associated with lending standards for the nontraditional mortgage product market; and
- 1 hour of instruction in an undefined topic.
Florida Mortgage CE FAQs
Do I have to take continuing education this year, if I also completed pre-licensing courses this year?
No. If you completed your pre-licensing courses this year, you are not required to take CE.
If I have further questions about Florida mortgage continuing education, who should I contact?
You should contact the FL regulatory agency that oversees the mortgage profession in Florida. They can be contacted at:
Office of Financial Regulation
200 East Gaines Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0376
FL Website: http://www.flofr.com/StaticPages/DivisionOfFinancialInstitutions.htm
Am I allowed to take the same continuing education course two years in a row?
No, the SAFE Act specifically prohibits the taking of the same course in successive years.
Do I need to take the SAFE Act required education courses, if I work for a Commercial Bank?
You do not have to take continuing education courses if you work for an insured depository organization such as those regulated by FDIC, NCUA etc. You may still be interested in taking CE courses to further your career.
Can continuing education hours carryover from one year to the next?
No. The NMLS does not allow continuing education hours to be carried over to the next year.
For further questions, how do I reach the NMLS?
You can reach the NMLS at 1-855-NMLS-123 (1-855-665-7123)
Does LearnMortgage.com bank my hours with the NMLS?
The Association of Mortgage Educators will bank your hours with the NMLS within seven days of completion. The $1.50 per credit hour fee mandated by the NMLS will also be paid by us on your behalf.
Our Florida Online Mortgage CE courses are especially convenient if you live in or near: Orlando, Miami, Tallahassee, Jacksonville, Fort Lauderdale, Sarasota, Gainesville.